Effective 14 November 2016
Provider means Hopscotch Accounting Pty Ltd ATF Hopscotch Accounting Trust (ABN 92 899 497 533) of Level 1, 4/2-4 Merton Street, Sutherland NSW 2232
Individuals mean the individuals that the Provider collects personal information about.
Capitalised terms throughout this document are defined at the end of the document.
While providing the Services, Provider collects Personal Information about Individuals. This document describes how the Provider collects, stores, uses and discloses Personal Information.
2. Types of information collected
Provider may collect the following types of Personal Information about Individuals:
- email addresses;
- telephone numbers;
- dates of birth; and
- banking details.
3. How information is collected
Provider may collect Personal Information about Individuals using the following methods:
- from Individuals’ communications with Provider; and
- the provision of information by client businesses to Provider in the process of using the Services.
4. How information is held and secured
Provider may hold Personal Information about Individuals using the following methods:
- digitally; and
- on paper.
Provider ensures that Personal Information is protected from unauthorised access by:
- industry standard data security techniques;
- the use of passwords;
- the use of reputable software vendors; and
- physical security surrounding hard copies of Personal Information.
5. Deletion of Personal Information
Provider deletes Personal Information when:
- it is no longer needed; or
- individuals request its deletion and it is reasonable to comply.
6. What information is used for
Provider may collect, use, hold and disclose Personal Information in order to:
- enable Individuals to use the Services;
- communicate with Individuals; and
- send marketing and promotional messages to Individuals.
7. Disclosures of information
Provider may disclose Personal Information to:
- third party service providers;
- parties that specific Individuals have personally consented to;
- payment systems operators; and
- regulatory bodies.
8. Disclosing information outside Australia
Provider may disclose personal information to organisations outside of Australia such as, companies providing cloud storage and software providers located in the United States. By using the Services, Individuals consent to the disclosure of their Personal Information to overseas recipients.
Provider will make a good faith effort to ensure that overseas recipients deal with Personal Information in a way that is consistent with the principles of the Privacy Act, but Individuals will not have the same rights in relation to overseas recipients who handle their information as they would with Australian recipients.
9. Privacy contact
Questions or complaints from Individuals relating to Provider’s dealings with Personal Information should be directed to Provider on firstname.lastname@example.org.
When Individuals communicate a complaint to Provider, Provider will respond within 10 days, and seek to resolve the complaint entirely within 10 days if the nature of the complaint permits it.
Provider will make a reasonable effort to resolve the complaints or questions of Individuals, and where Provider is unable to do so, Provider will attempt to explain why it is unable to do so.
If Individuals consider that a matter remains unresolved, Individuals may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) (http://oaic.gov.au).http://oaic.gov.au
10. Accessing information
Under privacy law, Individuals have the right to contact the Provider to modify or obtain information held about them by the Provider.
11. Changes to this policy
Provider may change this document at its discretion. Individuals should regularly check this document for updates to remain appraised of how Provider deals with Personal Information.
means the agreement arising between the parties in accordance with this document and the other documents referred to by this document.
means any information that is categorised as “personal information” under privacy law.
means The Privacy Act 1988.
means the accounting and virtual office services rendered by the Provider to individuals, businesses and other organisations.